Beef and Blue Cheese Crostini would be a delicious addition to your appetizer menu. They would also make a nice item for a brunch spread.
- 1/4 cup Crisco? 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsps. minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced rare roast beef
- 1/2 cup Crisco? 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 (12 oz.) baguette French bread
Blue Cheese Topping
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsps. blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, plus additional for garnish
- For Marinade: COMBINE oil, rosemary, crushed red pepper, garlic and pepper in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds; cool. Slice beef into 4 x 2-inch strips. Combine marinade and beef in large resealable plastic bag; seal. Toss to coat. Chill several hours or overnight.
- For Crostini: HEAT oven to 400?F. Combine oil, garlic and salt in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds. Slice bread into 36 (1/4-inch) slices. Place on baking sheet. Brush tops lightly with garlic oil. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp.
- For Topping: BEAT cream cheese and salad dressing in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in blue cheese. Spread cheese mixture onto crostini. Top evenly with marinated beef. Garnish with additional blue cheese.