No-bake patriotic berry cheesecake is a delicious dessert that is perfect for celebrating holidays like Independence Day in the United States. It's a refreshing and creamy dessert that features a graham cracker crust, a creamy cheesecake filling, and a vibrant topping of fresh berries in red, white, and blue.
I love looking at patriotic desserts this time of year, and picking out a perfect one to bring to church events or family dinners.
I love the look of this layered frozen dessert, full of the rich flavors of cheesecake!
See the recipe below!
Making This No Bake Patriotic Berry Cheesecake:
If you scroll straight down to this recipe, you may be a little intimidated. Don't let that be you! Follow along and really the steps to making this wow-factor dessert are not complicated.
First you thaw your Cool Whip… this is a universal rule for any recipe using Cool Whip, it seems. LOL! I hate getting to the point I need my Cool Whip and…yep. Frozen Solid!
A good hack is to just put it on or nearby a warm (not hot!) stove top or surface while dinner or lunch is cooking. That thaws it out quick for me. Don't let it overheat, however.
After you thaw the cool whip, add your blueberry pie filling and return to the refrigerator.
Aside from the Cool Whip topping layer, there are (3) total flavors of cheesecake here.
You may notice you have to freeze the dessert between layers instead of refrigerate. This is up to you- your layers will look best if they can be solid or firm to the touch before you spread the next layer on top.
Working with your three bowls of cheesecake filling, add your next layer on and back into the freezer it goes. You can just refrigerate the layers until chilled, and let the layers mix into each other a little bit, if that's more your style.
I do recommend freezing the dessert between adding your layers…even if you are OK with the layers being a little soft, they chill down faster in the freezer.
It's an easy dessert to have going while you're prepping other foods and in the kitchen, but don't want to devote your full attention to the dessert.
Here is the cheesecake pictured from the side, with all layers in place. It's so bright and colorful!
If you do decide to keep it in the freezer until ready, just take it out and warm up a knife to divide into squares, or let it thaw on the counter for a few minutes so it's not frozen solid.
Here are some tips for making a no-bake patriotic berry cheesecake and a few variation ideas to add some extra flair to your dessert:
- Use a food processor: To make the graham cracker crust, you can use a food processor to crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs. This will result in a smoother and more even crust.
- Chill the crust: It's important to chill the crust in the refrigerator for at least 15-20 minutes before adding the filling. This helps the crust set and hold its shape when serving.
- Soften the cream cheese properly: Make sure to let the cream cheese soften at room temperature before using it in the recipe. This will ensure a smooth and creamy texture in the filling.
- Experiment with different berries: While the traditional red, white, and blue combination of blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries is great for a patriotic theme, feel free to experiment with other berries as well. Blackberries, cherries, or even sliced peaches can add delicious flavors and vibrant colors to your cheesecake.
- Add a layer of fruit sauce: For an extra burst of flavor, consider adding a layer of fruit sauce between the crust and the filling. You can blend fresh berries with a little sugar and strain out the seeds to create a smooth sauce. Pour it over the crust before adding the cream cheese filling.
- Try a chocolate variation: If you're a fan of chocolate, consider adding a chocolate twist to your cheesecake. You can mix in some melted chocolate into the cream cheese filling or create a chocolate crust by adding cocoa powder and a little sugar to the graham cracker crumbs.
- Add a touch of lemon: For a refreshing twist, add a splash of lemon juice or zest to the cream cheese filling. Lemon complements the berries well and adds a bright citrus flavor to the cheesecake.
- Decorate with whipped cream: Along with the fresh berries, you can pipe some whipped cream around the edges of the cheesecake for an elegant and creamy finish. You can also sprinkle some grated white chocolate or crushed graham crackers on top for added texture and flavor.
Remember, these are just suggestions, and you can get creative and customize your no-bake patriotic berry cheesecake to suit your preferences. Enjoy the process and have fun experimenting with different flavors and decorations!
I love how the natural flavors of the berries lend to the cream cheese and yogurt in this recipe. Hope you enjoy this Patriotic Berry Cheesecake!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP! Don't forget to PIN this recipe to Pinterest. You can follow us on Pinterest too. If you have good photography and want your recipe featured here please email us at Melissa@consumerqueen.com
- 2 sleeves Graham crackers
- 2 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 5 8-oz Cream cheese, (5 packages), softened
- 3 6-ounce Vanilla yogurt, (3 containers)
- 1 3-ounce Raspberry or strawberry yogurt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3.5 ounce Raspberry Jell-o, (1 small package, instant)
- 3.5 ounce Berry Blue Jell-o, (1 small package, instant)
- 16 ounce Cool Whip, Thawed
- 1 can Blueberry Pie Filling, Preferred brand, 15-18 oz
- 8 oz Raspberries, fresh (1 small pack)
- 8 oz Blueberries, fresh (1 small pack)
- 4 oz White Chocolate, Baking bar/ for chocolate curls (optional)
- Thaw Cool Whip, mix 1 can of blueberry pie filling and refrigerate while the you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Crush the 2 sleeves of Graham crackers in a blender or food processor. Add 1 Tablespoon of sugar, and the 2 Tablespoons of melted butter, and mix until well blended.
- Butter the bottom of a 9 X 13 dish, and pour the crumbs into the dish. Press evenly. Place prepared dish in the freezer.
- Rinse and drain the Raspberries and Blueberries, set aside.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, blend softened cream cheese, and three containers of vanilla yogurt until smooth, then add the powdered sugar, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly in thirds, Using two small additional mixing bowls.
- Bowl 1- reserve cream cheese mixture for bottom layer.
- Bowl 2- Blend package of Raspberry Jello Mix and raspberry yogurt into the cheesecake mixture. Add raspberries if desired.
- Bowl 3- Blend Berry Blue Jello Mix into cheesecake mixture. Add blueberries if desired.
- Assemble Cake:
- Layer 1: Spread vanilla cheesecake mixture over graham cracker layer, freeze until firm.
- Layer 2: Spread raspberry mixture over vanilla layer, freeze until firm, or approximately 1.5 hours.
- Layer 3: Spread blueberry mixture and return to freezer until firm.
- Topping: Spread Cool Whip/Blueberry pie filling mixture gently over top of cake. Add white chocolate curls if desired. Top with fresh blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries. Return to freezer until firm, refrigerate until ready to serve.
NOTE: You can layer this dessert in any color order you like; if you'd like the red or blue layer first instead of the white layer, just follow the instructions to freeze between layers, and place the blueberry/cool whip layer on top of the last layer, and follow with white chocolate curls, raspberries and blueberries.
Enjoy this Patriotic Berry Cheesecake? See More Summer Recipes:
- Firecracker Popcorn Balls
- Refreshing Summer Watermelon Lime Drink
- Patriotic Snack Mix with Cheerios (scroll to bottom for recipe)
- Star Spangled Brownie Sandwiches