Tired of the same old chips and dips when you want something to snack on? Looking for something crunchy and tasty….but do not want to feel terribly guilty? If so then this black bean hummus with toasted pita wedges or fresh crisp vegetables is the answer!
- 3 pitas, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup Crisco 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tsp. minced garlic, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsps tahini
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 5 tbsps finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- Bite-size fresh vegetables for dipping
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Arrange pita wedges on baking sheets. Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in small bowl. Stir until blended. Brush over both sides of pita wedges. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
- COMBINE beans, tahini, lemon juice, jalapeno, cumin and 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon garlic in food processor. Cover and process until smooth.
- STIR in parsley and 1/4 cup cilantro until blended. Place in serving bowl. Garnish with tomato and remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Serve with pita wedges and fresh vegetables.