Beef And Broccoli in the Slow Cooker
This Beef And Broccoli in the Slow Cooker, y'all. No standing at the stove for this meal! I wanted to try something new and this one turned out great.
More Recipes | Gluten Free | Slow Cooker Meals | Kitchen Deals
This is an older recipe on the blog but had to update since its just such and easy go-to meal for the family. It can easily be adapted to Keto- friendly if you skip the rice or add in a Keto friendly side instead of the rice.
When I first made this, I was able to put it in the slow cooker before we headed to the pool and when I got home dinner was ready…just like magic!
This recipe calls for flank steak, thinly sliced. You will definitely get the best results with flank steak. The slices can be separated into bite sized pieces with a fork. If you don't have it available or it's just not in the budget, I've also used sirloin tenderized with a meat tenderizer before hand (you can pound it to about 2/3 thickness, don't overdo it!) and then very thinly slice it. It's still steak and doesn't break the budget if you need to feed a lot of people. Be sure to trim all fat off the cheaper steak cuts, since it is difficult to do after it's cooked.
On occasion I will also see NY Strip Steak marked down. This is a great cut to tenderize and throw into just about any slow cooker meal. I will buy “reduced” price steak if I can throw it into the freezer immediately when I get home from the store, or they are going into the slow cooker or oven immediately.
Hope you enjoy this easy Beef and Broccoli in the Slow Cooker meal!
Beef and Broccoli in the Slow Cooker
This easy beef and broccoli can be ready without spending all afternoon in the kitchen. Check it out below!
- 1.5 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 lb fresh broccoli (about three large crowns)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2/3 cup soy sauce, gluten free if needed
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp red chili flakes, (just a dash)
- 1/2 cup water, room temp or cold
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Before you cook, freeze your flank steak for about 20 minutes on a flat surface. This will allow you to slice it more easily!
- Slice your flank steak into 1" slices on a flat cutting board
- Add beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, pepper, ginger, and chili flakes to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours. Do not add broccoli with the first ingredients or it may become overcooked.
- While the beef is cooking, chop broccoli into bite size pieces and rinse. Set aside.
- About 20-30 minutes before it's done remove the lid to the slow cooker. Add broccoli and mix.
- Mix together the cold water and cornstarch in a small bowl until combined and then add to the slow cooker. Cover and finish cooking.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
You can alternately use microwaveable steamed broccoli. Just steam per package directions and add to finished beef mixture.
Amount Per Serving Calories 499Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 134mgSodium 2718mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 4gSugar 16gProtein 54g
See More Slow Cooker Meals Here:
Easy Garlic Basil Chicken Recipe
Crock Pot Cabbage Soup (perfect for St. Patrick's Day!)
would be much better if the nutrition data was included (especially carbs for us diabetics)
Hi Rose, I agree- unfortunately, these are homemade recipes for the most part and the we have no idea what the nutrition data would be. 🙂
Recipe doesn’t say how much cornstarch slurry yo mix nor how much broccoli to use.
Hi Andrea, the recipe has been updated with all the ingredients listed. Thanks for calling that to our attention and sorry for not having it complete to begin with 🙂