I’m sure your family is busy just like mine. We have school starting and that means homework, parent teach conferences. Fall sports are also starting which takes up our week nights. Eating dinner together is important to me but we don’t always have a lot of time. That’s why I love slow cooker recipes! Make them ahead of time and they are ready to go when you are!
Add this Sweet Garlic Chicken to your recipe book! I really like how the chicken turned out in this recipe. Sometimes the chicken gets too mushy for me, but in this recipe it was perfect! I also like the sauce that it makes! Yum-o!
Hope you enjoy!
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 2-3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- add in later
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl mix together the brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, soy sauce and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- After the chicken is cooked remove from slow cooker and pour remaining liquid in a sauce pan and heat on high. Mix together the corn starch and water. Pour in sauce pan and let the sauce come to a boil for 2-3 minutes. It should thicken. Remove from heat.
- Serve chicken with sauce over rice or noodles.