The my first experience with Monkey Bread is a funny story. I was a young teenager, I was staying at a friend's home with a group for a Church function. It had been a busy day and after everyone went to bed a group of us sneaked down stairs to grab a midnight snack. While browsing around we found a pan filled with some strange dough. I remember telling me friend, “oh, I hope that's not breakfast!” Of course it was….but it was delicious! I had never had it before and although at first it didn't look appealing it certainly was.
Now this is a family favorite. So easy to make! I hope you enjoy!
- 3 cans Store bought biscuits
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease 12 cup fluted tube cake pan.
- In a bowl, mix sugars and cinnamon. In another bowl place the melted butter
- Separate dough into a total of 30 biscuits and cut each into quarters.
- Dip the dough in the butter and then roll in sugar. Place in pan.Continue until all are down. Pour any remaining butter over the dough.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in middle.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn upside down onto serving plate, pull apart to serve.
- Serve warm and enjoy!