Here's a great treat to take to the parties tonight! Baked caramel popcorn! It's so yummy…and no corn syrup! This is my family's favorite snack and they ask for it all the time!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup cream (heavy whipping cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 cups popped popcorn.
- Make 12 cups of popcorn. Put into a large roasting pan or 2 9x13 pans and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan on medium heat.
- Slowly add in sugar and whisk it until it dissolves.
- Pour in whipping cream and vanilla. Whisk for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Add baking soda. It will become frothy. Remove from heat. Pour over popcorn.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 250 degrees stirring after 10 minutes.
*I've halved this recipe before when I was running low on ingredients and it still worked great!