This Flour-less Chocolate Cake is the perfect decadent chocolate cake for special occasions, holidays and more!
This is one of my favorite desserts to make. It’s pretty simple to make but the results are gorgeous and delicious! It’s the perfect dessert for a romantic dinner… like Valentine’s day or an anniversary.
This cake is pretty rich, a small slice will be satisfying especially if paired with some vanilla ice cream!
Since this cake is flour-less it’s gluten free. Many people on a gluten free diet feel deprived of baked goods. This Flour-less Chocolate cake will settle your craving for cake!
This recipe calls for a spring form pan. Butter it up and dust it with cocoa powder. It will add flavor and not leave a white dusting like flour would
I used one bar of semi sweet baking chocolate. It was hard not to sample it as I was chopping!
- 8oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 sticks of butter
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cups of sugar
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- About 1 Tablespoon of cocoa for dusting the pan
- Rub an 8 inch spring form pan with butter and then dust with cocoa to help prevent sticking. You can use flour but the cocoa won't show on the cake after baked. Set aside
- Melt the stick of butter and chocolate in a double boiler until smooth. If you do not have a double boiler you can put a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Be careful no to let ANY water get mixed in with the chocolate! Remove from heat.
- Separate the eggs if you haven't already but don't not discard, you will be using all of them. Whisk in the egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl.Slowly add the mixture into the chocolate and stir until blended.
- In a stand mixer or with a handheld mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add about 1/3 of the egg whites to the chocolate and fold it. Continue until all combined.
- Pour into the prepared spring form pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.