Looking for a great recipe to take for a New Years Eve Party? Why not takes these Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles? These look gorgeous on a serving platter and will be sure to impress even the most picky guest! Kids would love to help out in making these since they get to play with their food.
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp baking cocoa
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 6 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 24 whole hazelnuts
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, sift together confectioners' sugar and cocoa; set aside. In a saucepan, melt candy bars and butter. Add the cream and reserved cocoa mixture. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened and smooth. Pour into an 8-in. square dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Using a melon baller or spoon, shape candy into 1-in. balls; press a hazelnut into each. Reshape balls and roll in ground hazelnuts. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
See this and other great recipes on the Buy for Le$$ Website!