Homemade Pumpkin Bars or Punkin Bars, depending on where y’all are from, are moist yet light and fluffy. Topped off with rich, creamy decadent frosting, these are nothing less than exquisite! The name might be a little deceptive though, because this heavenly fall dessert could also fall into the “cake” category. I’ve tried a lot of pumpkin bar recipes over the years, and I love the flavor of this one. The most irresistible spiced pumpkin flavor, and the sweet, slightly tangy cream cheese frosting really make these bars shine. And just look at that frosting…it’s definitely good enough to eat by the spoonful!
These are perfect for a crowd…or a family like mine that’s captivated with all things pumpkin! Not only do these Homemade Pumpkin Bars taste divine, but you’ll love how easy they are to prepare and frost! Just serve them on a beautiful platter.
This is a dangerous dessert to have in your home, trust me, just toss out your scale! Now, I have a close tie between my favorite pumpkin desserts: The pumpkin Roll, Nana’s Pumpkin Cupcakes, (I love these cupcake liners) and the Sour Cream Pumpkin Bunt Cake. I guess I’ll just have to rotate the three of them. Somehow, I don’t think anyone will be complaining about that.
Add this recipe to your fall baking list, after one taste you’ll be so glad you did!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- Pumpkin Bar Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C oil
- 1/2 can of pumpkin
- 1 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 ground cloves
- Frosting Ingredients
- 1 pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C powdered Sugar
- 1/2 C chopped Walnuts sprinkled to top for decoration
- Directions for bars:
- Heat oven to 350
- In large bowl, beat eggs, granulated sugar, oil and pumpkin until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and cloves.
- Grease baking dish with oil or butter and pour batter into the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 27 minutes.
- Frosting Directions:
- Combine all ingredients, except the walnuts, into a large standing mixing bowl.
- Once combined and smooth, spread over cooled bars and then cut into squares.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 3g
Depending on your serving size