If you love pumpkin you’re going to love Nana’s Pumpkin Cupcakes! We have a recipe for both the cupcake and the frosting itself.
Follow us on Facebook for more recipes! Subscribe to our blog so you never misss a recipe.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten until frothy
- 1 cup mashed cooked or canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a bowl. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs. Blend in mashed pumpkin. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk, blending until batter is smooth after each addition; stir in chopped walnuts or pecans. Spoon batter into well-greased and floured or paper-lined muffin pan cups. Fill about 2/3 full. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Frost with cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
- Makes about 24 cupcakes
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temp
- ½ cup butter, at room temp
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- In bowl of electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add in the powdered sugar slowly, mixing until completely incorporated. Mix in the vanilla and cinnamon.