Sponsored by Gorton’s Seafood. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
You’ve probably noticed that fish tacos have become a staple on many menus. I love tacos, but fish tacos? I can only say don’t knock it until you try it! These fish tacos taste so fresh and flavorful that the only thing more impressive than the flavor is how easy they are to make!
I used Gorton’s Crispy Battered Fish which come in Haddock and Flounder varieties for this recipe. Add a few toppings and your tacos are complete! I topped mine with lettuce, avocado slices, a light sauce, and my Black Bean and Corn Salsa (minus the jalapenos~ to make this kid friendly, but feel free to leave them in if you like the heat!)
I prepared my salsa when I had a few moments of free time during the day. That way it was one less thing to do during my dinner rush. Plus, it makes plenty so I had some with a few chips as an afternoon snack too! The salsa will store well for several days in an air tight container. This means you can bake up a crispy second batch the next day, and have a fresh meal instead of soggy leftovers!
FYI~these fillets cook up perfectly in your air fryer too.
Anyone else have a crazy fascination with that whimsical fisherman in the yellow jacket? I realize it’s probably a bit nostalgic for me. It’s the same one I saw growing up, so it brings back all those happy and carefree memories of family suppers. Did you know Gorton’s Seafood has been served on our kitchen tables for 167 years? That’s pretty amazing!
Tell us how you use your favorite frozen fish in the comments!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- 8 pieces frozen prepared Gorton's fish pieces
- 8 small flour tortillas
- For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 lime-juiced
- for the salsa:
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can sweet corn, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- chopped cilantro, to taste
- 2 limes-juiced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook fish sticks according to package directions until golden and crispy.
- While fish is cooking, make the sauce: stir all ingredients together until smooth.
- For the salsa, stir all ingredients together until evenly mixed.
- To assemble, place 1 piece of fish onto 1 tortilla and top with salsa, sauce, lettuce and avocado. Serve.
More From Consumer Queen:
- iPhone 5 Pack Charging Cables ONLY $8 After Code (Reg. $19!) – 4 Colors!
- Aldi Finds 8/12/20 – Grapes, Kiwi, Oranges & More
- Memory Foam Gel Pillow ONLY $20.99 – Ships Free for Cardholders (Reg. $50!)
- Old Navy Shorts for the Whole Family (as Low as $3.00) – Today Only!
- Cooks 6 Piece Stockpot Set ONLY $26.24 at JCPenney (Reg. $60!)