See this Baked Garlic and Herb Chicken for a hearty main dish!
The Consumer King’s Baked Garlic and Herb Chicken:
I do most of the cooking in our home , although my wife is pretty handy with the crockpot on days my disease is acting up. As a dad I am always trying to come up with meals that my whole family will enjoy. It’s hard with a house full of teenagers who are picky eaters so I at least trying to incorporate something they each love in a meal throughout the week.
All of our kids love chicken but it’s my daughters favorite plus, I’m a man, I want MEAT not veggies. My wife is always trying to sneak in vegetables and I am just not having any part of that lol.
As you know my wife is always looking for a deal so she scored these awesome chicken leg quarters for just .99 in a pound at our local supermarket. I love to play around with seasonings so this was perfect. I decided to go with a garlic and herb blend because my daughter will eat anything if you throw garlic on and of course she is daddy’s girl so I figured I could score a few brownie points with this recipe.
If you want, you can actually cook extra and then shred the meat and use the leftovers to make sandwiches or toss in a salad. If you don’t like dark meat or chicken on the bone, just use chicken breasts instead. This recipe would also be great on the grill. If you wanted to use chicken breasts you could cube them up and serve them as appetizers for the next football game.
Do you love to mix up your own seasonings and rubs? I love to hear about some of your favorites. You can check out some of rubs and marinades as well.
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oven to 425
- Wash your leg quarters and pat dry & remove any excess skin you don't want.
- Polk holes in the top of your chicken with a fork. (I like seasoning to get in the chicken.)
- Mix rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, olive oil and garlic in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Bake 45 minutes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1059mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
- Top 10 Walgreens Deals Coming Sunday (Oct. 24th)
- Top 10 CVS Deals Starting This Sunday (October 24th)
- 10 FREE Gift Tags at Walgreens (In-Store Pickup)
- Hand Soaps $3.75 at Bath & Body Works (8 for $30)
- Madden 22 $39.99 Shipped (Reg. $59.99)