This is one of my go-to gluten free breakfast recipes! Last Christmas I was searching for a recipe that I could prepare the night before and then pop it in the oven in the morning. I had such a hard time finding something that didn’t have bread, so I came up with this ( I know I’m not the first person ever to mix these ingredients together, but this is what worked for me!) This recipe is gluten free because all of the ingredients are naturally gluten free. ( Make sure you check your hash browns and sausage first!)
The recipe is pretty versatile. You can add in peppers and onions if you like. I’ve used bacon instead of sausage. I’ve used less eggs if I don’t have enough. I’ve even used homemade hash browns! ( If using homemade hash browns I don’t recommend making it the night before because the potatoes will turn a nasty color and your children will refuse to eat it!! )
Make this the night before for an easy Saturday morning breakfast!
Follow us on Facebook for more recipes and tips.
- 1 2lb bag of frozen hash browns
- 12 eggs ( I've used less before and it still turns out fine)
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, all ready browned and crumbled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- additional add-ins: bacon, peppers, onions, mushrooms...etc!
- Brown the sausage and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together the eggs and milk.
- Pour the frozen hash browns in a greased 13x19 pan. Pour the egg mixture over it and gently mix together. Add in the sausage and mix together again. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until the eggs are done.
- *The dish can be prepared the night before and then baked in the morning.