I was never really a fan of Tomato Soup until I made it this way. It’s so creamy! A great way to warm you up on a cold winter day. And it’s very easy to make!
The recipe calls for 2 cans of tomatoes. I usually buy the specialty kinds to kick up the flavor. Such as fire roasted tomatoes, or garlic and basil.
Sprinkle some cheese on top and serve it with a grilled cheese…I’m hungry just thinking about it!
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup salt (The bigger the granules, the better. Kosher or rock salt works best, but table salt is fine.)
- Ice cubes (enough to fill each gallon-size bag about half full)
- 1 pint-size ziplock bag
- 1 gallon-size ziplock bag
- Combine the sugar, half and half, and vanilla extract in the pint-size bag and seal it tightly.
- Place the salt and ice in the gallon-size bag, then place the sealed smaller bag inside as well. Seal the larger bag. Now shake the bags until the mixture hardens (about 5 minutes). Feel the small bag to determine when it's done.
- Take the smaller bag out of the larger one, add mix-ins, and eat the ice cream right out of the bag. Easy cleanup too! Serves 1.