Stuffed Peppers are always a crowd pleaser but they’re not always healthy. These Healthy Enchilada Stuffed Peppers are yummy and easy and you can feel good about eating them! Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and you’ve got a delicious, healthy meal for your family!
- 5 large bell peppers, tops cut off and insides hollowed out
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. corn
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 oz. can enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Place the prepared peppers in a greased 7x11 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown turkey until cooked through. Remove from heat and add black beans, corn, cheese, enchilada sauce, cumin and salt. Stir evenly to combine.
- Stuff each pepper until completely full then cover with foil
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Remove the foil, sprinkle with a little more shredded cheese and bake uncovered for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.