Ok I am not a health nut but I have been looking for simple ways I can make healthier options for my family that are fun and taste great! My kids love potato chips but have you seen all the junk that is actually on those ingredient lists? Instead of taking away my kids love of potato chips I simply looked for a better option to make homemade potato chips. Mastrads contacted us to be in our Holiday Gift guide and sent us their “Chips Maker Set” which comes with 2 trays and a mandolin. Well we listed them in the guide but we also thought we wanted to put it to the test. So the whole family gathered together in the kitchen. We followed the directions and it took us a few tries to figure out what worked best in our microwave, yes I said microwave. We tweaked the recipes and OMG these chips are DA BOMB! My kids thought they were better than the chips in the store so it was a win win situation for all of us! Oh… and yes they came out crispy in the microwave.
- Kosher Salt
- Mastrad Potato Chip set
- Wash potatos and peel
- Use the mandolin and slice potato into thin slices
- Dry slices between two paper towels
- Place in bowl with Kosher salt to taste
- Mix Well
- Place slices on tray and microwave for 4 1/2 mins (you will need to play with your microwave but we found this time worked best for ours)
- *You can also add a little olive oil or coconut oil if you like to the bowl when you mix but we did not.