Next time you are craving Chinese food, give Crock Pot Pineapple Beef Teriyaki a try! This is a great healthy alternative to ordering from your local Chinese restaurant. Lots of Chinese food is full of sodium and MSG but when you make your own you can control your sodium intake! I would also suggest using low-sodium soy sauce to lower your sodium intake even more.
This recipe is a great go-to week day meal and is also one that you will want to put on your freezer meals list. I know a lot of times the crock pot is saved for cold weather meals, such as soups and stews, but this is a great crock pot meal all year long!
Chock full of flavor (and NOT sodium!) this is a dish you will want to make over and over again. The honey, garlic, and ginger add an amazing zing of flavor to this easy dish. So instead of dialing the Chinese restaurant down the road, get out your crock pot and make this delicious, healthy meal for your family!
- 3 lbs. sirloin steak, cubed
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 2/3 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 Tblsp. water
- 2 Tblsp. honey
- 2 Tblsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 16 oz. bag frozen broccoli
- 1 1/2 c. cooked brown rice
- Combine all ingredients except rice in a crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Serve over the cooked brown rice.
- To freeze:
- Combine all ingredients except rice in a large freezer ziploc baggie. Freeze.
- When ready to use place frozen ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low 8 hours or high 6 hours.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 558Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 827mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 51g
As always I am not a dietician so please do your own homework on nutritional.