Looking for an easy Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe? Don't miss this one!
I love making my own homemade Chicken Enchilada Soup and this recipe was submitted by a couple at church.
We often have church fellowships which always involve everyone bringing their own potluck dish, and I love this because I get to try so many new recipes.
This recipe was so good , that I begged them to let me have the recipe to post here for all of you guys.
They just laughed and said of course. Little did they know their recipe would become famous lol.
Most of the ingredients were dump and go so make sure you have a good can opener on hand.!
I am always looking for a good deal on chicken and when it's on sale I stock up!
We actually ran into our local Sprouts for this recipe while they were having their BOGO Chicken sale and bought 6 pkgs for freezer meals! Keep an eye out for when we post Sprouts BOGO Chicken sale every year.
When I saw that this recipe called for diced onions , which honestly are not my favorite to chop up because I am a cryer. I remembered the two tips that my friend Kierston and my husband Daniel aka Consumer King taught me!
Hubby's Tip: Don't cut the onion from the root end. The root end has a tight root center. This keeps you from breaking the onions cell walls which releases fumes that react with water on the surface of your eyes to form sulphuric acid. This burns your eyes and creates tears.
Kiersten's Tip: Open up a bottle of Thieves oil and leave it on the counter while you are chopping up onions to help alleviate the tear!
This recipe is actually quite versatile, you can slow cook it on high for 4 hours or on the stove and we've included both versions of the recipe for you!
If you don't have a slow cooker you are really missing out!
My life can get quite hectic at times. Sometimes it's not easy to be able to plan out my meals ahead of time.
Sometimes it's easier if I take a Saturday and make freezer meals ahead of time.
Check Out Some of My Favorite Slow Cooker Must Haves:
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker
- 3 Pc Buffet Server
- Slow Cooker Liners
- Slow Cooker Seasoning Mixes
- Standing Soup Ladle
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 4 cans chicken broth
- 1 can ranch style beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can southwestern black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- ½ pound of velveeta cheese
- 1 stalk of green onions, diced
1. Melt butter in 6-qt saucepan until sizzling
2. Add chicken, onion, cumin, lemon pepper,oregano and garlic salt
3. Cook over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink
4. Add bay leaves, chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, velveeta cheese, and green onions.
5. Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil
6. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered for 30 more minutes.
7. Just before serving, remove the bay leaves. Enjoy!
- Buy One Get One Free Books at Target!
- FREE Colgate Mouthwash & Toothpaste at Walgreens!
- Pruett's Food | 99¢ Sale!
- Staples Deals, Freebies and Coupons!
- The Best Easter Candy Deals
For these cold January days, soups are a favorite weeknight meal option for us. We can sometimes get stuck in a rut with the same old soups, so it helps to change it up and use a few ingredients we don’t normally see on the menu.