Have you ever forgotten about supper and then find yourself digging through the fridge and pantry trying to find something to whip up? I know I have. It’s easy to forget about making a meal when there are so many other things to be done! Easy Cheesy Sausage Mac is one of my go-to recipes when I’m short on time or energy! Not only is it quick and easy to throw together in the kitchen but it’s also very easy on the wallet. It’s also very filling so I don’t have to worry about hungry tummies an hour later. My boys love this recipe because they love pasta and sausage and I love it because it doesn’t take much time!
Onions and I aren’t friends so the only way I can use them in recipes is if I keep some that has already been diced in my freezer. You can dice them yourself or buy the pre-chopped onion in the freezer section at the grocery store. This will save you a little more time as well! Little things like this make cooking just a bit easier which is always good for us busy moms!
Make sure you keep this recipe handy for when you’re tight on time!
- 12 oz. smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can, 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 3 c. cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion in the sausage grease until tender then add the tomato sauce, chili powder and pepper. Stir together.
- Add the macaroni and sausage; stir together and heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cook until cheese has melted.