If you're looking for that perfect Valentine's Day dessert, and you already love a classic red velvet cake, this No Bake Red Velvet Cheesecake may be on your list of things to try! Any red velvet dessert is a great option for Valentine's due to the festive red shades. The good news and best thing about this recipe is that no-bake cheesecake is easy to make at home, and it won't keep you in the kitchen preparing food all day.
See this fun individual No Bake Red Velvet Cheesecake recipe with Oreos! I am a huge fan of red velvet, so this recipe is a fun one to share, especially for a valentine’s day celebration.
I love a good cheesecake recipe, and am fairly confident in my baking skills making them. However, there is a large portion of our readers who don't prefer to be in the kitchen creating food for many hours at a time! Cheesecakes are definitely one of those things you have to put in a lot of prep time on. For this reason, shortcut recipes are a great option.
Honestly, there is very little difference between a regular cheesecake and a no-bake! The main difference would be a little bit of the texture; no-bake cheesecakes have a softer more whipped cream texture compared to the regular baked cheesecake recipes. That difference comes from the cooking process– mainly of the eggs and flour in the traditional recipe. If you're ready to get started on this awesomely easy Valentine's dessert, scroll below!
How to Make Oreo No Bake Red Velvet Cheesecake
This recipe starts with an Oreo crust, which you will start in your food processor. I actually prefer to make the crumb mixture entirely in my food processor, so after I pulse the Oreo crumbs, I go ahead and add the melted butter to the food processor and pulse a few more times. This incorporates the melted butter evenly into the cookie crumbs. Next, you will need to grab a regular sized muffin tin and some cupcake liners. You can definitely use regular liners, but my kitchen hack is to double each liner. This helps them to look pretty for serving. If you're using large bakery liners, use a single liner for each individual muffin tin cup.
Add your cookie crust to each of your mini desserts and press into the bottom of the pan with a spoon. The Oreo's should be a fine crumb for best results. Place your muffin tin in the fridge or set aside in a cool place while you make the cheesecake layer. Note: If you're not a fan of chocolate or Oreo's, you can always substitute with a graham cracker crust. Nutritional values will vary.
After you are done with the pie crust, start on your cream cheese mixture. You will need room temperature cream cheese– preferably that has not been softened in the microwave. If you need to soften in the microwave, heat in a small bowl in 15-30 second bursts. I use the soften/melt setting on my microwave. Also cover with a plate or plastic wrap to keep it from making a huge mess in the microwave!
Aside from your cream cheese, you will need to have on hand:
- Red food coloring
- Milk chocolate chips
- Whipped topping
- Powdered Sugar
- Some whole Oreos for decoration
- Optionally, Valentines day sprinkles are a fun topping!
Using your stand mixer and paddle attachment or electric mixer, beat your ingredients on low speed to a medium speed. Add in the melted milk chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Then, add in your red food coloring. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to keep the red food coloring even in the batter. (Especially in the bowl of a stand mixer). Slowly add your powdered sugar and then fold in the cool whip whipped topping to finish your red velvet cheesecake filling. You may notice this does not have any whipped cream or double cream added. This recipe is actually easy peasy compared to many no-bake recipes using whipping cream. After you're done mixing together your ingredients, it's time to fold in the chopped Oreos. I like to use hand chopped Oreos to add to any cake batter, so it doesn't actually add a darker color to the overall mixture like very small crumbs will. After these are folded in, you can add your filling to the crust!
Assembling Your no bake red velvet cheesecake:
With a small cookie scoop, add your cheesecake batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups. The only things to note here are to make sure you are adding them evenly, so you won't have to scoop any out to even them up (this will be difficult since the Oreo crumbs can mix in slightly). They are best chilled overnight in the refrigerator, so they can set up properly. The minimal amount of refrigeration time would be around 4 hours. The topping pictured is a single Oreo– you can add this just before serving so the cookies do not soften in the fridge. Check out some other toppings below!
A few other options for the top of the cheese cake include:
- Valentine's Day sprinkles
- Chocolate drizzle (just melt some Wilton Candy Melts and drizzle back and forth over the tops with a piping bag).
- Roughly chopped Oreos instead of a full Oreo cookie
- White Chocolate drizzle
- Cream Cheese Frosting -you can pipe this around the tops or just add a small dollop to each one)
- Whipped Cream (whisk your heavy cream with about 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar, in the bowl of a stand mixer. You can also use a hand mixer. Whisk until stiff peaks form and then add to the top of the cake.
This dessert is an easy one and a good idea to make for your valentine's day celebration. You won't miss out on going to the Cheesecake factory with a delicious dessert like this one! I love desserts for special occasions, and especially when the recipe is an easy dessert that won't take up the whole day. If you love this creamy cheesecake recipe, we would love it if you gave us a star rating below. Enjoy!
Check some of our other red velvet desserts :
These red velvet crinkle cookies are another cute idea to be served on Valentines Day.
Join Our Facebook Groups:
Cottontail Marketplace – The Queen's New Business – Handmade Crafts & More
Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals (Oklahoma Only)
Consumer Queen Homeland Group (Oklahoma Only)
- Bath & Body Works | Latest Deals & Offers
- Make it a Pizza Night | Coupons, Deals & Freebies
- Valentine's Day is Almost Here – Shop Dollar Tree & Save!
- Walgreens Deals | Latest Offers & Rewards
- JCPenney Deals | Sales, Codes & Coupons
- 1 cup Oreo baking crumbs or 1/3 package Oreos crumbled
- 4 Tablespoons Butter- melted
- 8 ounces. Cream cheese- room temperature
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Milk chocolate chips- melted
- Red food coloring
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Whipped topping, separated
- 10 Oreo cookies- roughly chopped
- Add the Oreo crumbs to a bowl and mix melted butter in, until the butter is evenly distributed. Alternately, add Oreos to a food processor and pulse until crumbled.
- Add butter and repeat pulse till you have a rough crumble texture.
- Prepare a 12 cup regular size muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Add 1½ Tbsp. of the crust mixture into each cupcake liner.
- With a spoon, firmly press down on the mixture until tightly compacted into the bottom of each liner.
- Place the crusts in the refrigerator to chill while making the cheesecake filling.
- Using a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the vanilla extract and melted chocolate chips; mix until the chocolate is fully incorporated
- Add in the food coloring until you get your desired shade of red.
- Next, add in the powdered sugar ¼ cup at a time, mixing in between each time.
- Carefully fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture with a spatula or large spoon. Reserve 1/4 of the tub for additional topping if you prefer.
- Once the mixture is clear of white or pale streaks, fold in additional crushed Oreos carefully. Do not over-blend.
- After the filling is ready, take out the crusts from the refrigerator and place 4 Tbsp. of the cheesecake filling into each cupcake liner.
- Once each liner is full, place the cheesecakes into the refrigerator to chill for at least 3
- When the cheesecakes have set, take out of the refrigerator and top with any additional whipped cream, Oreo crumbs or just an Oreo.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
You can use any topping, so make these your own! Kids can have fun decorating with sprinkles or even cream cheese frosting!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 3g