Old Fashioned Blueberry Muffin Recipe
See this Old Fashioned Blueberry Muffin Recipe for a breakfast treat everyone is sure to enjoy! These have so much flavor!
More Recipes | Gluten Free | Slow Cooker Meals | Kitchen Deals
Old Fashioned Blueberry Muffin Recipe!
When you think of a warm, homemade blueberry muffin in the morning, these Old Fashioned Blueberry Muffins are the ones we think of!
This super simple recipe is my go-to recipe for blueberry muffins. It's so easy that your kids may be able to help –or even bake these on their own if they are older!
Of course there's always the convenience of having a muffin mix in the pantry. However, homemade muffins are perfect if you are stretching a budget, love homemade breakfasts, or are baking muffins for someone else. I think they offer so much more flavor than mixes.
Typically I try to find blueberries at Aldi. They are always fresh and about half the price of other stores! Of course these may not be available all year, so you can use drained/preserved if needed. This blueberry muffin recipe does call for fresh blueberries.
The sour cream is the other main ingredient. It keeps these muffins deliciously moist. Real butter –instead of vegetable or canola oil– gives these muffins an “old fashioned” flavor. Be sure to use both the sour cream and butter instead of substitutes, since the added fat from the sour cream gives the muffins a good texture.
So whip up a batch of these yummy muffins, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the simple deliciousness of a warm Old Fashioned Blueberry Muffin! These are great for mid-day snacks, too!
You can't go wrong with these blueberry muffins so be sure to print this recipe!
Print your Blueberry Muffin Recipe Here!
Old Fashioned Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry muffins from scratch
- 2 c. flour
- 1 Tblsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 Tblsp. butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1 1/2 c. fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg in a large bowl until well beaten. Add the sugar and whisk quickly until thick. Add half of the meted butter, whisk well then add the other half whisking well. Add the half of the sour cream, whisk until just combined then add the other half of the sour cream, whisk until just combined.
- Add the blueberries to the flour mix and gently toss then pour into the sour cream mixture. Fold gently together until the batter comes together. Batter will be thick. Do not overmix.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tins then bake 25-30 minutes or until muffins are a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Join Our Facebook Groups:
Brown Box Shoppers – Amazon Deals and Coupon Codes
CQ Black Friday Deals & Hot Online Deals
Cottontail Marketplace – For Creators and Small Businesses Only
Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals (Oklahoma Only)
Consumer Queen Homeland Group (Oklahoma Only)
Frugal Living Tips and Tricks That Work
Easy Slow Cooker Recipes – Dump and Go Crockpot Meals
Easy Delicious Recipes- Just Like Grandma Used to Make
Air Fryer Recipes – Easy and Delicious
Instant Pot Recipes – Easy and Delicious
CQ Oklahoma Natural & Organic Support Group
If you love to shop online check out some of our other online shopping deals and online coupon codes. Many shopping codes are only available for a limited time so make sure you check them out now!
- Disney Insiders | 10 Free Points
- Panera Unlimited Sip Club | 2 Months of FREE Coffee,Tea & Sodas + Unlimited Refills!
- 21 Days of Beauty at Ulta | 50% Off Daily Deals
- Sunday Coupon Preview 3/19/23 – Two Inserts Coming
- 25% Off TGI Friday's Family Bundle Meals, Platters & Party Trays 25% Off