A few days ago there was a get together at my church. My mother-in-law brought these Milk Chocolate Ritz Bars. I feel in love with them! They are a perfect combination of sweet and salty….and just plain heavenly!
When I found out what was in these bars I couldn’t believe it. Ritz crackers! Say what?! Yep, the main ingredient is Ritz crackers ( or a generic brand will work perfectly fine too!) Did I mention that there are only 3 ingredients! The crackers, sweet and condensed milk, and chocolate chips.
I love the sweet and salty balance of these. You would think that since crackers are a main ingredient these bars would be dry, but they are quite the opposite! They are soft and chewy, same texture as cookie bars!
This recipe is great to make when you want to make a dessert but don’t want to be baking all day. You can whip this recipe up in just a few minutes! It only takes 10 minutes to bake.
You will first crush your RITZ Crackers in a food processor. I used my Ninja processor on pulse and it worked great.
You can use a 8×8 or 9×13 pan. This recipe shows both, so if you prefer your bars thicker you will need to use the square baking pan. Grease well with cooking spray if using a deeper pan! The picture above is prior to baking in my Caphelon 9×13 non-stick brownie pan. This recipe seriously is so quick to put together.
These Milk Chocolate Ritz Bars are sweet and salty take only a few minutes to make with a few ingredients….what’s not to love?! Give this dessert recipe with unsuspecting ingredients a try….I know you’ll love it! Enjoy!
- 3 cups ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk, 1 can
- 11 ounces milk chocolate chips, Approximately 1 Bag
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Put the crackers in a food processor and pulse until they are all crumbs.
- Add the cracker crumbs and sweetened condensed milk to a medium bowl. Add 1/2 of the chocolate chips to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Push into the prepared pan. Mixture will be sticky
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top and let them melt. Spread with spatula the melted chocolate over the top and allow to cool
- Cool completely. Refrigeration is helpful to set the chocolate layer but not reuired. Cut and serve! Enjoy!
For a low salt option, use RITZ Lightly Salted crackers. 3 cups of crushed RITZ Cracker is approximately 2 1/2 regular sleeves.