I used this Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast-Iron 5-1/2-Quart Round French (Dutch) Oven, White.
With only a few cool days left you need to hurry and make this delicious Dutch Oven Taco Soup! But be sure to save this recipe for this coming fall and winter because you’ll definitely want to have it on hand! There’s nothing better than a delicious, comfort meal simmering in a pot on the stove.
This filling meal is not only delicious but it’s incredibly easy, too! Once you’ve browned your ground beef you throw all the other ingredients in the dutch oven and let it go to work! As a busy mom, these are my favorite kinds of meals. My family still gets a nutritious, yummy meal but I didn’t have to spend hours in the kitchen. I hope you’ll give this recipe a try!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 (15½-ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (15½-ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15¼-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14½-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (4½-ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 1 (1¼-ounce) package taco seasoning mix or my Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 (1-ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water (you can use more or less depending on how thick you like it)
- Corn chips, for serving
- Sour cream and Cilantro, for garnish
- Grated Cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Start boiling your water in your dutch oven.
- Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet (salt and pepper to taste); drain the excess fat.
- Add the beef mixture, beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix, rice, water and simmer for about 20 mins until rice is done.
- To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cilantro and cheese.