Make this Instant Pot Bone Broth Recipe easily at home- and skip the expensive store bought bone broth!
Instant Pot Bone Broth Recipe
One of the traditional uses for pressure cookers is to make homemade bone broth and homemade stocks. Now that we can use the Instant Pot to make bone broths, there’s no need for expensive organic bone broths from the store.
This recipe is easy and actually a great starter recipe if you are new to using the Instant Pot, and aren’t yet comfortable making full meals in it quite yet.
Why make your own Bone Broth?
Home made bone broth is a great way to keep your immune system functioning properly, and give your body a real boost against colds, coughs, and even Flu.
You can make this recipe, and keep it in the freezer to use in soups or stews, or even rice, using the bone broth in the water measurements. It’s rich color, and vegetable packed stock make this a great addition in recipes where you can add more nutrition for the health of your family, and give the recipe’s a richer flavor.
You can make this with Beef bones, Chicken bones, or Pork bones. You can ask your local Butcher or meat shop for the bones.
As you can see I made mine with larger beef bones. Prior to preparing your bone broth for canning or freezing, be sure to remove all the bones. I strain my broth after cooking so all the small bits of vegetables and bones are removed.
- 2 - 3 pounds Bones, I used Beef
- 1 Sweet Onion, Peeled/Cut In Half
- 4 Carrots , Peeled/Whole
- 1 Red Delicious Apple
- 1 Tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 6 cloves Garlic, Peeled/whole
- 1 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Peppercorns
- 1 Gallon Water, Filtered or Bottled.
- Add the Bones, onion, carrots, apple, vinegar, celery, and garlic to the Instant Pot.
- Pour the water over the bones and vegetables until you reach the MAX measurement on the side of the Pot.
- Sprinkle the water with the Garlic salt, seasoned salt, and pepper corns, Stir.
- Place the lid on the Pot until it beeps and locks. Press the MANUAL setting, and set it for 120 Minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to build and release the pressure automatically - DO NOT release pressure!
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking the Broth, it will beep and go to KEEP WARM, or OFF.
- Make sure the Pressure valve is down, and with a Pot Holder, turn the vale from SEALING to VENTING, to make sure all pressure has been release before opening the Pot. Remove the lid tothe Instant Pot, and stir the Broth to mix well.
- Allow the Pot to completely cool, and cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- After the broth has chilled overnight, fat will be at the top. Skim and discard with spoon.
- Pour or Ladle Broth into containers of choice, and refrigerate immediately.
- Use Broth within 48 hours, or freeze. You can also heat and drink the Broth for a healthy drink. Just heat in the microwave, and enjoy!
NOTE: You can use Broth to make soup, or stew. You can also use Broth to make Rice dishes, Potato dishes, and other recipes where broth is called for.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 22Sodium: 315mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2g
More Instant Pot Accessories:
- Accessory Bundle Compatible with 5,6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- 9-in Tempered Glass Lid
- Stackable Egg Steamer Trivet Compatible with 5,6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- Springform Pan Compatible with 6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- 3-in-1 Steamer Basket
- Trivet with Heat Resistant Handles
- Bundt Pan and Cheesecake Pan Combo with Trivet/Handles
Want to submit a recipe to be featured? Here are some tips on how to get featured.
- Try to use good lighting, we know it won’t be perfect but taking your photo out side on a solid back drop helps. Wood looks amazing by the way.
- Using a solid white plate can help your recipe pop.
- Take several different shots. Including a few step by step photos or one of all the ingredients together or even if you are doing a dessert such a cheesecake trying also taking a photo of a slice by itself.
- Email your photos and complete recipe including directions and ingredients to: [email protected] (not all recipes submitted will be featured)
JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
Check out some of our Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Recipes below:
This Instant Pot Meat Cheat Sheet for Cooking Meat will help you take the guesswork- and Googling- out of your Instant Pot Cooking!
Instant Pot Egg Roll Bowl is a family friendly dinner option that will have everyone getting their veggies!
Need to use up those strawberries?? Make this Instant Pot Strawberry Jelly you can enjoy so many ways!
Instant Pot Potato Salad will be on your holiday (and summer) menu regularly! Such a great short-cut to homemade potato salad!
Any mention of health, nutrition, and wellness does not constitute medical advice. Please ask your doctor or nutritionist any health related questions about bone broth. Thanks for reading!