What's the best part about the Holidays? FOOD! It's what brings everyone around the table! I want to share with you one of my family's favorite side dishes, Creamy Mashed Red Skin Potatoes! Everyone in my family loves them, and they are so versatile. You can experiment with different spices for different flavors.
I want to share with you my secret ingredient for the creamiest mashed potatoes….you ready?! Hellmann's Mayonnaise!! I've been experimenting with using it in my mashed potatoes for a few months now and I love it! No need to add any butter! I'm in love with the Hellman's Mayonnaise made with Olive Oil, I've started to use it for everything!
The next time you are looking for a side dish to bring along to a party or just to get your family around the table try this recipe, but don't forget my secret ingredient!
- 1 lb Red Potatoes,
- 1/2 cup Hellmanns Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes if you want, I normally peel half and leave half. Cut each potato into about 8-10 pieces.
- Cover potatoes with water in 2-quart saucepot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Put potatoes in a large bowl and begin to mash. Add in the Hellmanns Mayonnaise and milk. Mash until creamy. Add in garlic, green onions and cheddar cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
I'm a Hellman's Real Foodie but all opinions and the recipe are my own! Promise!