Take your brownies to the next level with this recipe for Star Spangled Brownie Sandwiches!
Star Spangled Brownie Sandwiches
If you have a special event coming up for Memorial Day, take along this fun and patriotic dessert that's sure to be a hit. Brownies are a pretty easy recipe for any potluck, picnic or church event. They travel well and are so popular. However, if you are looking for a recipe a little more festive, this one is it!
This recipe comes together easily with a boxed brownie mix. You can use your favorite, but make sure the mix is a family size and will fill a 9×13 pan. The star cookie cutter I used cut out 8 stars, enough for (4) of these brownie sandwiches.
Note- if you're comfortable changing the size of pan, you can use a 15×10 jelly roll pan and end up with even thinner brownies. However, cooking time will vary greatly so be careful not to overcook!
For me, the icing in the middle is the best part. As you mix, it should be thick enough to hold up the top brownie layer. If you end up with thin icing somehow (it can happen for any reason…humidity, too much milk accidentally added, etc), just add more powdered sugar until it has a stiff consistency. You want your icing to stay put! Sprinkle the fun red, white and blue sprinkles around edges of icing and on top of brownies, and enjoy!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP! Don't forget to PIN this recipe to Pinterest. You can follow us on Pinterest too. If you have good photography and want your recipe featured here please email us at Melissa@consumerqueen.com
- 1 brownie mix
- Red, White and Blue Sprinkles
- Star Cookie Cutter
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of cream or milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on the package. Pour into a 9x13 greased pan and bake as directed.
- Once the brownies are ready, let them cool completely to room temperature. Cut cooled brownies using star cookie cutter. Lay cut brownies out on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Prepare Icing:
- Mix butter with electric mixer until it's creamy. Once creamy, add salt, vanilla powdered sugar and milk. Blend until well combine and has desired consistency. Should be thick.
- Put Together:
- Put icing into piping bag with desired decorating tip or in a sandwich zip bag and cut a corner off. Pipe icing onto one star brownie then place another brownie on top to form a sandwich. Place sprinkles along the edges of white icing. Enjoy.
These Peanut Butter Pinwheels Candies are good enough to settle any sweet tooth cravings. They are perfect for gift giving or for any Holiday parties. Make a batch and make someone smile!
Love This? Try My Simply Orange Bites! Just a few ingredients and perfect for summer!