Your budget is feeling a little tight, and you need to make some savings in a hurry. How can you do that? You can start by making these small changes with our 10 Easy Money Saving Tips.
1. Brew Coffee at Home
Do you have a habit of grabbing caffeinated drinks from the neighborhood café or drive-thru every day? Brew your coffee at home instead.
2. Use a Water Bottle
Stop buying bottled water. It’s not good for the environment or your budget. Get a reusable water bottle instead. Fill it up and bring it with you whenever you leave the house.
3. Use Dryer Balls
Wool dryer balls will help your laundry dry faster, and, unlike dryer sheets, they won’t disrupt your air quality. Wool dryer balls are also reusable, so you don’t have to keep purchasing them on a regular basis.
4. Air Dry
Better yet, when the weather is warm, you should air dry your laundry on a clothesline or drying rack. This will help you conserve energy and save money.
5. Avoid Disposable Wipes
If you can, avoid disposable wipes. Use reusable wipes to remove your makeup and microfiber cloths to clean up messes. You should even avoid flushable wipes in the bathroom — these will lead to clogs and expensive plumber fees. The same with paper towels. you can buy cloth napkins that can be washed and save a ton of money.
6. Look for Free Parking
Make a note of free parking spots in areas that you frequent. This simple habit will help you avoid paid parking fees (along with tickets) whenever you visit these areas. You can also use apps like SpotHero, ParkMe and ParkWhiz to find cheap and free spots in your city.
7. Look for ATMs
You should also make a note of the nearest bank ATMs in your area. Why? When you use another bank’s ATM, you can collect out-of-network or foreign ATM fees. Look for ATM's that offer
8. Use Your Library
Your local library is an excellent resource for free entertainment and learning tools. With the help of a library card, you can access books, ebooks, audiobooks, movies, music and even video games for free.
9. Cancel Subscriptions
Do you have subscriptions that you don’t use anymore? Then, it’s time to cancel them. There are subscription management apps that can help you do this.
10. Use Coupons
Whether you’re shopping at the store or shopping online, you should always try to use coupons and discount codes to lower the final price at checkout. DOn't forget to check out our money saving section on our blog as we tell you where to shop to get the best deals and what coupons to use to make things even cheaper. This one has always been one of our go to easy money saving tips.
The Problem with Living on a Tight Budget
Living on a tight budget comes with a number of financial risks. If you make a single spending mistake or have the misfortune of getting an unexpected expense, you could throw your finances upside-down. You could put your checking account into overdraft and accumulate NSF fees. You could miss important bill payments and bounce checks. At the very least, you could find yourself dealing with an emergency expense and no easy way to pay for it.
If you’re ever hit with an emergency expense and don’t have enough savings to cover it right away, you can turn to a credit tool like a credit card or a line of credit for help. If you don’t have a line of credit already, you can go to a website with line of credit loans online and see whether you’re qualified to apply for one. With all of the qualifications, you can send in an application. You just might get approved for it. Just make sure you build your savings back up by opening a high-interest account or a certificate of deposit like Greenstate Credit Union so you have something to fall back on in the future.
Making these small changes should add some much-needed breathing room to your budget and savings to your emergency fund. Which one of our 10 easy money saving tips will you be implementing this year?
If You Love to Save Money Check Out These Posts
- Top Secrets For Shopping At Hobby Lobby
- More Deals at Your Favorite Grocery Store
- More Hot store Deals online (Save over 50% off)
- Score over 100 Freebies for your Birthday
- How to Make Some Extra Cash Quick
- 10 Easy Money Saving Tips
- Is It Really a Sale? Shopping Hacks to Save Money
- Eating Organic on a Budget
- 10 Ways To Clean With Baking Soda
- TOP 10 Tips For Frugal Gardening
- 10 Ways To Keep Produce Fresh
Join Our Facebook Groups
- Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals
- Consumer Queen Homeland Group
- ConsumerQueen Brown Box Shoppers, Glitches and Free stuff!
- Frugal Living Tips and Tricks That Work
- Easy Slow Cooker Recipes – Dump and Go Crockpot Meals
- Easy Delicious Recipes- Just Like Grandma Used to Make
- Air Fryer Recipes – Easy and Delicious
- Instant Pot Community – Instant Pot for Beginners
- CQ Oklahoma Natural & Organic Support Group
- Consumer Queen Black Friday Deals & Hot Online Deals & Coupon Codes!
- Homesteading for Beginners- Off the Grid, Canning, Gardening & more!
- Explore Oklahoma – Oklahoma Day Trips, Oklahoma Restaurants & Things to Do
- Roaming My Planet Travel Fan Page
- Shop Local Oklahoma