Lemons are a great natural cleaner and they are great to stock up on when they are on sale.They are an easy way to be green because you can use just about every part of the lemon for something.Check out these 15 frugal uses for lemons.
- Use lemon rind to polish Chrome. It's great for getting rid of mineral deposits.
- Use it to sanitize your chopping block.
- Use it to deodorize your humidifier when it gets that funky smell.
- Makes a great centerpiece at weddings or for your own kitchen table. Just put sliced lemons in a vase of water or simply leave the whole.
- Slice lemons and put them in a dish next to your cat box to neutralize odors.
- Use 1/2 cup of lemon juice to your wash to whiten your whites
- A spoon full of lemon juice when cooking rice. It will help keep it from sticking together.
- Use lemon juice to keep things like guacamole from turning brown.
- It's been said that using lemon juice around picnics can help repel ants.
- Like using vinegar water to clean with but hate the smell? Adding a small amount of lemon juice to the solution will help neutralize the smell
- Use leftover lemon peels to deoderize your garbage disposal
- Clean your Microwave-Mix 3 tablespoons of lemon juice in 1 1/2 cups of water and microwave for 30 seconds letting the steam sit. Then wipe clean.
- Clean your Toilets- Just mix 1 cup of lemon juice with a 1/2 cup of borax. Great for stains and will make it smell great.
- Straight Lemon Juice is a great degrease and would be great to clean those stubborn grill stains.
- Mix 1/2 gallon of water with4 tablespoons of lemon juice for a great glass cleaner.
I would love to hear your frugal use for lemons! If you love this post Pin it on Pinterest or share it on Facebook!