Is your bedroom in need of a makeover? If you’re looking for some inspiration, we’ve got plenty of bedroom wallpaper ideas to get you started. From pretty florals to a modern geometric pattern, there’s a bedroom wallpaper design for everyone to make their bedroom walls their own unique style.
Bedroom Wallpaper Ideas:
Floral wallpaper and botanical prints seems to have taken over home renovations with a bang! As more people embrace natural concepts that align with the outdoors, floral and tropical-themed wallpapers have become a popular choice for bedroom ideas. But what makes them so special?
- They are scientifically proven to calm people. Scientists have found that people in rooms with floral wallpapers tend to be less stressed and aggressive than people surrounded by plain walls. Thus, if you want to make your home more peaceful, this is the way to go. These wallpapers also work for other settings too, including offices and restaurants.
- They mimic the effects of being outdoors. If you have ever been under a lot of stress and taken a walk through the woods, you can resonate with this point. Being in the wild opens you up and enables you to dig deeper into what could be troubling you. Botanical wallpaper has the same effects as it boasts the elements you would find in nature – lush green hues with plant-like forms. The result? – You end up feeling relaxed and can tackle the tasks in front of you.
These are but some of the reasons Floral wallpaper has become such a huge hit, more so when it comes to temporary wallpapers, which come with their sets of benefits.
Not into florals? Shake up your bedroom décor with a bold statement – animal prints wallpaper! Whether you go for leopard, zebra, or tiger stripes, Adding some wild stylish wallpaper to your walls is a surefire way to create an unforgettable space.
When it comes to bedroom design, there are a ton of different directions you can go in. While some people prefer minimalist bedrooms with simple furniture and a neutral color scheme, others prefer something more colorful and eye-catching. If you’re looking for something different to freshen up your bedroom design, consider geometric wallpaper. Geometric wallpaper comes in a variety of different patterns and colors, so you can find the perfect one to match your style. Not only does geometric wallpaper add visual interest to your space, but it can also be used to create focal points or add texture to the room.
Textured wallpaper designs can give your bedroom an instant upgrade. By adding visual interest and texture, it’s the best way transform a space from dull to dynamic. Plus, it’s a great way to add character without making permanent changes (or spending a lot of money).
Contemporary options are now available in a variety of colors and styles, making it easy to find something that will match your taste and décor. If you want to add some color or natural texture to your bedroom without going too crazy, then consider contemporary wallpaper patterns. There are so many fun and unique designs these days that you’re sure to find one that fits your style. stripes, florals, geometric prints- all of these looks can be done in a modern way that will make your room feel fresh and can be a great choice. You can also mix and match different patterns for an eclectic look.
How Can You Use Wallpaper in Your Bedroom?
Are you short of ideas on how you can renovate your home using floral wallpaper? Wether you’re looking to revamp a small room or a spacious bedroom.We have some interesting ideas. First need to decide your bedroom design. Do love a bold wall paper with bright colors, sophisticated wall coverings with dark colors or a wallpaper pattern with more traditional styles. here are a few ways to use the bedroom wallpaper ideas we mentioned above.
- Covering all the walls in a small bedroom to create a floral theme.
- Covering one feature wall or accent wall to create a focal point and building the rest of the space around this focus,
- Covering half the wall to create emphasis by using a subtle hue on the other section.
- Covering the ceiling to create visual interest in the guest rooms by giving it depth.
- Covering the bedroom furniture in the master bedroom instead of the walls, including the shelves, bookcases, cabinetry, furniture, etc., to inspire a botanical vibe. Just don’t go overboard. Just an accent not the entire room.
With the right wallpaper, you are always free to go with your gut and let your creativity take the lead. So, what will it be?
Tips on Applying Temporary Wallpaper on Walls
Let’s take you through how you can update your walls with the perfect wallpaper in a few steps. This is the easy way to update your personal space. For this, you will need:
- A wallpaper that matches the theme you want to impart in the room,
- A putty knife,
- A measuring tape,
- A level, and
- A cloth.
In this case, we will assume that you are using temporary wallpaper. Traditional wallpaper requires assembling more materials, including wallpaper brushes and a paste. But that’s not necessary with temporary wallpaper. Once you have the materials above, you can proceed as follows:
- Prep the entire wall: You should turn off the electricity and cover all the electrical outlets with tape. That ensures that you do not touch the outlets with water as you clean the wall. Moreover, it will help you map out the areas you will not cover with the paper. Ideally, your wall should be smooth to ensure you do not end up with air bubbles under the paper. If not, you will need to sand the surface and coat it with paint. After painting, you must wait a month before applying wallpaper, allowing the paint enough time to dry. If the wall is smooth, you can wipe it down with a soft, damp cloth and leave it to dry for 24 hours.
- Get the measurements: You should decide the surface you want to cover and figure out how much paper you need. You should always buy more paper than you need as this enables you to account for any mistakes made during the application. Mark the places on the wall where you will install the wallpaper, so you know where you will start.
- Apply the paper: Unroll a few inches of the paper off the backing and adhere these to the surface you earlier marked. You should unroll a few inches at a time to avoid warping. As you move down, use the putty knife to remove any air bubbles under the paper. Keep doing this until you come to the spot you marked on the wall. You can then trim the excess wallpaper using a sharp knife or scissors. Run the putty knife over the paper again, and if you see any air bubbles, pop them with a pin.
- Repeat step 3 for the next section on the wall, ensuring that the wallpaper aligns with the first one to avoid creating a busy look. If the wallpaper does not have any patterns, you can lay it as you wish as the lack of harmony will not be evident. But if it does, you cannot afford to apply it as you want. Keep doing this until you have covered the entire surface you intended.
- Trim the sections that fall outside the area you had marked on the wall.
That’s how easy it is to install temp wallpaper!
What Mistakes Do People Make When Installing Wallpaper?
Even professionals make mistakes when adhering wallpaper to surfaces, so you should not fret when it happens. Here is how you can deal with these problems:
- Air bubbles under the paper surface: There are two ways to deal with this. You can remove the wallpaper and start again, laying it against the surface with a putty knife. But if the bubbles are few and far between, you can pop them open with a pin.
- Peeling on the edges: Papering corners can be challenging. But peeling around the edges indicates that the surface is not smooth. In this case, you need to remove the wallpaper and sand the surface. You also need to coat the surface with paint. Generally, it will be about a month before installing wallpaper on the surface. If you apply it before the paint dries completely, air bubbles will form underneath the surface.
See? Wallpapering is not an arduous task, especially when using temp wallpaper, whose installation and removal are a breeze. We hope you enjoyed some of the best bedroom wallpaper ideas. You might even like these easy removable decor options.Have some fun making your space your own and feel free to share some of your gorgeous bedroom wallpaper ideas with us. You can even tag us on Instagram : @TheConsumerQueen
Enjoy the process!
Join our Facebook Groups
Cottontail Marketplace – The Queen’s New Business – Handmade Crafts & More
Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals (Oklahoma Only)
Consumer Queen Homeland Group (Oklahoma Only)