Omega-3 fatty acids are one of the best nutrients for a healthy lifestyle. It has the benefits of supporting brain function and reducing inflammation among others. Nuts are one of the best sources in getting these.
However, there are those out there that cannot consume them due to allergies. The good news is that there are other ways to obtain Omega-3s so you can still enjoy the benefits yourself. This quick guide will show you those alternative methods so you don’t have to miss out.
Ready to see what they are? Let’s get started.
What are Omega-3 Fatty Acids?
Omega-3 fatty acids consist of the following: ALA, EPA, and DHA. ALA are often found in sources that are plant-based. EPA and DHA are typically found in fish (and even a natural fish oil supplement).
All three of these fatty acids are known for their excellent benefits.
They include but are not limited to heart health, reduction of inflammation, and improved cognitive functions to name a few. So you can live healthy with the regular amounts of fatty acids without ever having to eat nuts or even question whether such foods contain them.
Non-Nut Sources of Omega-3
Want to know what’s on the menu and contains Omega-3s? You’re in luck. Let’s take a look at the non-nut options you can choose from:
- Fatty Fish: This includes salmon, sardines, and mackerel – which are all rich in EPA and DHA. Adding fish to your diet can really increase your omega-3 intake considerably. Even more good reasons to consider a healthy diet when making lifestyle changes.
- Flaxseeds and Chia Seeds: If you want a boost of ALA, these seeds will be hard to beat. You can add them to your favorite smoothie, yogurt, or bake them into something you enjoy making. Imagine enjoying your favorite baked goods while getting an excellent amount of fatty acids. There are plenty of ideas you can play with using flaxseeds and chia seeds.
- Hemp seeds: Both a great source for omega-3s and protein. So it’s a win-win for you if you’re looking to boost the latter in your diet. Add it to soups, salads, or whatever else you might be eating.
- Canola Oil: This is a versatile cooking oil that will contain a decent amount of Omega-3s. You can use this as a base when creating your own salad dressings from scratch or if you’re roasting or sauteing.
- Flaxseed Oil: This is an extract from flax seeds – which is a concentrated source of ALA. This can also be added to salads or homemade dressings. You get the best of both worlds – omega-3s and a wide variety of benefits just by eating your favorite veggies.
These are just a small sample of non-nut sources that you can use in order to get as much omega-3s as possible. Be sure to make plans on what you want to eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner while getting the most out of this crucial nutrient.
Omega-3s can still be attained without having to eat nuts. If you have a nut allergy, don’t despair. You have more than enough options to get those all-important fatty acids for better health.
If you’re not getting enough Omega-3s, consider including it in your diet in whatever way you can. Be sure to put together a shopping list of what to get during your next shopping trip. Don’t let a nut allergy stop you from getting them.
We hope this guide has been helpful for you in conquering what seemed like a difficult challenge.
More Articles on Health and Wellness
- 8 Treadmill Mistakes You Should Stop Now
- Home Care vs. Nursing Home – How to Make a Decision
- Relaxing Self-Care Ideas to Help You Destress
- Support Your Health for Winter
- Take Time This Holiday Season To Maintain Your Heartburn & Digestive Health!
- 10 Workout Tips For Winter
- Women’s Nutrition: 4 Vitamins and Minerals You May Lack
Join Our Facebook Groups
- Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals
- Consumer Queen Homeland Group
- ConsumerQueen Brown Box Shoppers, Glitches and Free stuff!
- Frugal Living Tips and Tricks That Work
- Easy Slow Cooker Recipes – Dump and Go Crockpot Meals
- Easy Delicious Recipes- Just Like Grandma Used to Make
- Air Fryer Recipes – Easy and Delicious
- Instant Pot Community – Instant Pot for Beginners
- CQ Oklahoma Natural & Organic Support Group
- Consumer Queen Black Friday Deals & Hot Online Deals & Coupon Codes!
- Homesteading for Beginners- Off the Grid, Canning, Gardening & more!
- Explore Oklahoma – Oklahoma Day Trips, Oklahoma Restaurants & Things to Do
- Roaming My Planet Travel Fan Page
- Shop Local Oklahoma