When it comes to losing weight, most people will agree that the most difficult part is actually starting the journey. We have all been there: we say we will start our diet on Monday, and then Monday comes and goes, and we say we’ll start our diet on the following Monday, and so the cycle continues. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some suggestions on starting your weight loss journey the right way so that you will continue on track and get the results you are hoping to achieve. Let’s look at kickstarting your new year diet.
- Overhaul your eating – This is usually the most difficult part. It can be very difficult to change your approach to food, especially in the beginning. A lot of people opt for quick fixes and diets that will give them instant results. However, these results very rarely last. This is why you need to change your attitude to food. Of course, we all know what a healthier diet looks like and what we should be doing, but doing it is a different matter entirely. A good place to start is by looking at your current eating habits and pinpointing where you are going wrong. For example, are your portion sizes too big? Do you skip breakfast? Do you go through large periods throughout the day whereby you don’t eat anything? Do you rely on sugary snacks to give you an energy boost while you are at work? Do you eat a heavy meal an hour before going to bed? You get the point! It doesn’t matter whether you identify two errors or 20, write them down and make sure you address them. This will start you on the right path when it comes to your weight loss journey.
- Get involved – The next tip is to make sure you get involved! Getting involved can mean different things to different people, as there are many different ways to get fit. For example, you could sign up to your local gym. Or, why not join a class? With everything from yoga to swimming classes available, you are bound to find something that appeals to you. Alternatively, you could find a friend to go on power walks or runs with. Or, why not stack up on exercise videos and create a schedule for their use throughout the week?
- Be public – This is one of the best things you can do to ensure that your weight loss journey gets off to a good start. A lot of people tend to keep their weight loss journey to themselves. There are a number of reasons why this may be the case. For some people, they are simply embarrassed. For others, they don’t want to tell anyone in case they slip on their journey. However, by keeping your weight loss journey to yourself, you’re simply giving you an excuse to cheat. Plus, by going public, you will benefit from a great source of support. Your family and friends will help you along the way. Whether this means exercising with you, sharing healthy recipes, or giving you moral support, they will provide you with the extra help you need to reach your goals. Moreover, you are more likely to succeed when you feel accountable to people. You will find that you are motivated to stick to your plan.
- Seek extra assistance if you need it – If you are classed as clinically obese, it could be a good idea to seek extra assistance. There are many weight management solutions for people who are at serious risk of doing significant damage to their health because of their current weight. Gastric band surgery is a technique that helps people to lose weight by reducing the amount of food they intake. The best thing to do is talk to a specialist and they will advise you on the best weight loss solution based on your current weight, health, and needs specifically.
- Be prepared for hiccups along the way – One of the biggest reasons why people stop their weight loss journey and decide they are going to start at a later date is because they have a small hiccup. Perhaps you ordered a pizza on the weekend? Maybe you were tempted by a bar of chocolate? This does not mean you have failed! The most important thing to do is simply move on. You’ve had a small hiccup – this does not erase all of the hard work you have done. However, if you let one bit of junk food lead you down a path of eating badly for a few weeks, it will erase your hard work. So, the lesson here is to anticipate that you will have moments where you slip off the wagon so to speak. Don’t give up, just move on.
- Set realistic, short-term goals for your weight loss journey – One of the worst things you can do is set yourself a huge, long-term goal. Doing this can be overwhelming, and you are simply setting yourself up for failure. So, instead of saying, right, I need to lose 150 pounds, you should focus on losing ten lbs. in certain time frames. This will make your weight loss goal a lot more achievable, and you will find it easier to reach your targets. Moreover, every time you lose ten lbs., you will be more motivated to lose the next ten lbs., and so it has a snowball effect.
- Find something that works for you – Last but not least, it is important to find something that works for you. Everyone’s weight loss journey is different. People find various forms of exercise fun for them, and effective for them. Group sports can be a lot of fun. Why not get your pitchers net and do some baseball? People also have different approaches to dieting too. Don’t focus on what everyone else is doing. Focus on what is right for you.
If you follow the eight tips that have been mentioned above, you can be sure that you will start your New year diet weight loss journey in the right way and have a greater chance of success.
Cottontail Marketplace – The Queen’s New Business – Handmade Crafts & More
Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals (Oklahoma Only)
Consumer Queen Homeland Group (Oklahoma Only)