This Beef And Broccoli in the Slow Cooker, y’all. No standing at the stove for this meal! I wanted to try something new and this one turned out great.
This is an older recipe on the blog but had to update since its just such and easy go-to meal for the family. It can easily be adapted to Keto- friendly if you skip the rice or add in a Keto friendly side instead of the rice.
When I first made this, I was able to put it in the slow cooker before we headed to the pool and when I got home dinner was ready…just like magic!
This recipe calls for flank steak, thinly sliced. You will definitely get the best results with flank steak. The slices can be separated into bite sized pieces with a fork. If you don’t have it available or it’s just not in the budget, I’ve also used sirloin tenderized with a meat tenderizer before hand (you can pound it to about 2/3 thickness, don’t overdo it!) and then very thinly slice it. It’s still steak and doesn’t break the budget if you need to feed a lot of people. Be sure to trim all fat off the cheaper steak cuts, since it is difficult to do after it’s cooked.
On occasion I will also see NY Strip Steak marked down. This is a great cut to tenderize and throw into just about any slow cooker meal. I will buy “reduced” price steak if I can throw it into the freezer immediately when I get home from the store, or they are going into the slow cooker or oven immediately.
Hope you enjoy this easy Beef and Broccoli in the Slow Cooker meal!
- 1.5 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2/3 cup soy sauce, gluten free if needed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp red chili flakes, (just a dash)
- Add steak, beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
- About 20-30 minutes before it's done remove the lid. Mix together the cold water and cornstarch in a small bowl until combined and then add to the slow cooker. Cover and finish cooking. Before you serve mix in the steamed broccoli.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 68mg Sodium: 1652mg Carbohydrates: 13g Sugar: 12g Protein: 27g
See More Slow Cooker Meals Here:
Crock Pot Cabbage Soup (perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!)