These waffles are AMAZING! It’s like having your entire meal combined into one waffle! You have sausage, hashbrowns and cheese all mixed together to make waffle magic. Now the real questions is…do you eat it with syrup or ketchup?!
Follow us on Facebook for more recipes! Subscribe to our blog so you never miss a recipe.
- 1 cup breakfast sausage, uncooked
- 1 baking potato, grated and excess water squeezed out
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- In a medium skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a fork, for about 5 minutes or until fully cooked. Add the shredded potato and butter, lower the heat and simmer until the butter is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool, for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and cheesr. Stir in the milk and eggs until smooth. Stir in the sausage-potato mixture.
- Using a waffle maker, cook the waffles according to the manufacturers directions.
- Serve with syrup, ketchup or both!