This easy Taco Casserole recipe is great for taking to parties or church functions. Serve it with a side of fresh guacamole or black bean salsa. I love this recipe because it’s one of those that it’s easy to add or take away ingredients according to your taste or for whom you are making it for. This is also one of those great make ahead meals to bring to a family who just had a baby or maybe is coming home from the hospital.
It’s also one those recipes I can incorporate fresh veggies from my garden that I am growing. My kids love to be able to pick veggies out of our garden that they know they helped grow and then see how we incorporate them into our meals. Now that my kids are teenagers I am trying to get them in the kitchen more and more so that they have some basic cooking skills when it’s time for them to leave home.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped bell pepper
- ⅓ cup taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, avocados and salsa.
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion and green pepper until meat is done. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning and water. Cook about 3 minutes until it thickens. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place chips in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Drop spoonful’s of beans over the chips and carefully spread beans over chips. (This is messy)
- Spoon ground beef mixture over beans and top with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, sour cream and salsa.
- Enjoy!!! ☺
I love one pot dinners. Your whole meal in one yummy dish! This Loaded Baked Potato Casserole with Sausage is delicious! Baked Potato and Sausage casserole is one of our most popular recipes.