Try this Easy Chicken Marinade before adding that chicken to the grill! It will give it a great flavor without adding lots of store-bought preservatives!
Easy Chicken Marinade:
For Grilling Season, chicken is an easy main dish everyone loves. You can grill just about any cut of chicken, so you can buy what you love and just adjust the temperature on the grill accordingly. Chicken cooks fast and of course the kids love it.
Before you put the chicken on the grill it’s necessary to have a good chicken marinade to lock in flavor. Chicken can be pretty bland on it’s own, and a well seasoned grill will add some flavor but not a lot. I recommend marinading your chicken for a few hours before it’s ready to go on the grill.
How Do You Grill Chicken for Lots of Flavor?
Here are some tips to grilling great chicken if you’re afraid of ending up with a dry or bland final product.
- Marinade early- this will give the chicken time to absorb flavors! Salt is also a meat tenderizer, so marinading will help your chicken cook better and give it a great texture!
- Don’t grill too hot- you can end up with burned chicken if it’s on full heat. Chicken needs to be done to at least 165 internal temperature, so be sure to have your grill heat at a medium-high temperature to let the inside cook before the outside is dry and overdone!
- Use a meat temp probe- this one is a must for poultry. Put the temp probe in the thickest piece of chicken to ensure you achieve 165 internal temperature, without going way over.
- Let the meat rest- Allow chicken breasts, thighs, and tenders to sit a few minutes before slicing to let the juices reabsorb into the meat.
- You can baste for more flavor, but it’s not necessary. Grilled chicken has a great flavor on it’s own. Don’t overdo sauces!
I love this simple Chicken Marinade. It’s only a few ingredients but packs a big tastes! Even the picky eaters in my house asked for a second helping. The best part about it is that I don’t have to purchase a pre-made marinade or spice packet. Those things are convenient, yes, but they are usually high in salt and preservatives compared to anything you put together at home. Try this recipe if you need a quick and flavorful Chicken Marinade!
Print Your Recipe Here:
- 1 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 T Vinegar
- 2 T Brown Sugar
- 2 T Honey
- 1-2 T Minced Garlic
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl. Add approximately 2 lbs of chicken.
- Let sit for at least 30 mins up to 24 hours. Place in fridge if marinated for extended period of time.
- Grill for about 5 minutes or each side, may take longer depending on the size of your chicken. When the thickest part of the meat is white and there is not pink it is done.