Did you know that Hellmann’s is celebrating it’s 100th birthday this year! When something lasts that long you know it’s good! Here’s a great recipe that uses Hellmann’s. This Asparagus Salad is great for a dinner where you are trying to impress. It’s looks super fancy but honestly it’s very easy to make!
- 2 pounds jumbo asparagus (set aside two spears raw)
- 3 tablespoons of salt
- 1 cup Hellmann’s® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus 1/4 lemon for serving
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- ½ can water packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Snap off the fibrous bottom part of each stalk of asparagus (it will break off naturally where it becomes tough, provided that you grasp the very bottom of the woody stalk with your fingertips).
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot, and add 3 tablespoons salt. Set up in an ice bath next to the stovetop. Drop all but 2 pieces of the asparagus into the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 ½ minutes. Remove and immediately submerge in the ice bath to cool for 5 minutes, moving the stalks frequently to be sure no hot spots remain; add more ice if it all melts.
- Remove the asparagus and drain on a kitchen towel, then transfer to a nice platter. In a mixing bowl stir together the Hellmann’s®, the lemon zest and juice, orange zest, the garlic, parsley, and tuna and mix gently to form a creamy sauce. Arrange the spears on a platter and spoon the sauce over them. Shave the 2 raw spears with a peeler and toss with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon and arrange over the top in a nesty pile. Sprinkle with the sea salt, and serve with a flourish. Makes 4 to 6 servings