I heart recipes for my slow cooker. It's like my personal assistant in the kitchen! After my older kids head off to school is my time to get things done. This is when I can prep for dinner, that's why I love my slow cooker. Here's an easy recipe. If you don't have the spices listed you can use a packet of taco seasoning. And if you are out of salsa you can use a can of tomatoes. The chicken can be shredded and used in tacos, served over rice, or don't shred and have it be the main course and serve with sides. Very versatile! Check out this Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe. Make enough for leftovers!
Check out all these slow cookers on sale! Some are 50-75% off!
YUM YUM YUM!
- 2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- Juice from one lime, 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup cut up cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- dash of salt and pepper
- Place the chicken on the bottom on the slow cooker.
- Cover with the remainder of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
* This dish is gluten free, but make sure you check your ingredients. Some taco seasonings have wheat in them!