I'm pretty sure that Nutella was sent to use from food heaven! I remember when I was little and my mom would give me toast with Nutella on it! Best. Treat. Ever. I still have this treat sometimes when I want a midnight snack.
I came up with this recipe while trying to make something else. My intended recipe completely failed, but Nutella Truffles was born!
I hope you enjoy them as much as we have!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Chocolate Candy Coating
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat start melting the chocolate chips and butter. Stir frequently.
- When the chocolate is mostly melted and in the Nutella and vanilla. As you stir it and it heats up the mixture will thicken up and become paste-like. Once this happens remove from heat.
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper. Once the chocolate mixture is cool enough to handle, roll it into bite sized balls and place them on the cookie sheet. Let them completely cool in the fridge.
- Once they are chilled they are ready to dip in the chocolate candy coating. Melt the chocolate candy coating according to the directions. I just used a spoon to drop the chocolate ball into the melted chocolate and then put it back on the wax paper.
- While the chocolate candy coating is still melted you can top with sprinkles, crushed nuts..etc!
- Put back in the fridge to cool and harden.