Sugar cookies with a colorful twist! That’s what these Candy Corn Cookies are. Give these fun bite-size cookies a try this fall!
- 1 pouch of sugar cookie mix, or make your own!
- 1/3 c. butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 oz. chocolate, melted and cooled (or cocoa powder)
- Orange paste food color
- Line a 8x4-inch loaf pan with waxed paper, extending paper over sides of the pan. In a bowl stir the cookie mix, butter and egg until a soft dough forms.
- Place 3/4 c. of the dough on a work surface. Knead desired amount of food color into dough until color is uniform. Press dough evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Divide the remaining dough in half and gently press 1/2 of the remaining dough into the pan on top of the orange dough. Knead chocolate into the remaining dough until color is uniform.
- Press over the plain dough in the pan to the edge of the pan. Refrigerate 1 1/2-2 hours or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375 F. Remove dough from the pan. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place wedges 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until cookies are set and edges are very light brown. Cool 1 minute them remove from the cookie sheet and cool completely.
This post was brought to you by Princess Leah.