Tuna Caprese Avocado Toast is great as an appetizer, or a light lunch for holidays, or groups!
Tuna Caprese Avocado Toast
We all have our favorite chicken and tuna recipes, but this Tuna Caprese Avocado Toast will have you licking your lips even before your first bite!
This twist on the trendy avocado toast is more than delightful. I don't care much for trendy, but I do care about taste. And when something tastes this good, then its worth sharing!
Make it- Start with Good Quality Tuna:
I love that this recipe takes lean protein packed tuna (which now comes in an EZ-Open can, woohoo!) and combines it with some of my favorite garden fresh veggies. Making it easy and healthy. And we all know how hard it is to get those two words in the same sentence!
This recipe starts with a good quality can or packet of tuna. I was especially pleased to see Chicken of the Sea‘s recent design change. Their EZ-Open cans are great time savers, and when you consider portability – there's just not another option for me. Who wants to clean another gadget? Not me! If you're as busy as I am, this is perfect for you too!
I like Chicken of the Sea tuna for it's flavor. Alternately, if you're watching your sodium intake, the StarKist Low Sodium Solid White Tuna gets my vote. It only has 120 mg sodium, vs 180 mg per serving (and UP) for Chicken of the Sea and off brands. Honestly tuna is one of those things I do choose a name brand for. It's not much difference in price, and I feel like the flavor of these two name brands is worth the extra few cents per can.
Tuna Caprese Avocado Toast- Adding Avocado:
This is kid friendly (As long as they like guacamole!). If you haven't tried tuna and avocado together, now is a great time to try it out! I love the colors of this appetizer. It's a great light lunch if you are trying to get a protein and some healthy fats into your diet, but don't want all the carbs of sandwich bread!
The taste of ripe avocados and fresh tomatoes can't be beat!
See below for this easy Tuna Caprese Avocado Toast Recipe. Hope you enjoy this one!
- 4 slices of bread toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 avocados
- 1 can Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore in Water in EZ-Open Can drained
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella
- salt & pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar
- Cut the avocados in half and scoop the middle into a small bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, tuna and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash the ingredients together with a fork just enough to mix.
- Slice mozzarella into small pieces.
- Toast bread. ( or you can use crostini's)
- Spread tuna mix on toast and top with mozzarella, grape tomatoes and basil.
- Drizzle balsamic on top and serve.
More Great Grilling Recipes
- Homemade Pulled Pork Rub
- Bacon Avocado Ranch Burger
- Burger Night Sauces and Sides
- Rosemary Lemon Porkchops
- Grilled Italian Stuffed Chicken
- Easy Chicken Marinade
- Brian's Wings
- Easy Grilled Pizza
Join Our Facebook Groups:
Cottontail Marketplace – The Queen's New Business – Handmade Crafts & More
Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals (Oklahoma Only)
Consumer Queen Homeland Group (Oklahoma Only)
- Top CVS Deals | Weekly Ad Matchups 2/5 – 2/11
- Pepsi Rookie Cruise Sweepstakes
- Walmart Deals: The Lastest In-store & Online!
- Best Buy Deals | Sales & Daily Deals
- Macy's Deals | Kid's Inflatable Tent $9.99
Looking for more low carb and healthier food options? Head over and see our great Keto friendly recipes!