Tuna Caprese Avocado Toast is great as an appetizer, or a light lunch for holidays, or groups!
Tuna Caprese Avocado Toast
We all have our favorite chicken and tuna recipes, but this Tuna Caprese Avocado Toast will have you licking your lips even before your first bite!
This twist on the trendy avocado toast is more than delightful. I don’t care much for trendy, but I do care about taste. And when something tastes this good, then its worth sharing!
Make it- Start with Good Quality Tuna:
I love that this recipe takes lean protein packed tuna (which now comes in an EZ-Open can, woohoo!) and combines it with some of my favorite garden fresh veggies. Making it easy and healthy. And we all know how hard it is to get those two words in the same sentence!
This recipe starts with a good quality can or packet of tuna. I was especially pleased to see Chicken of the Sea‘s recent design change. Their EZ-Open cans are great time savers, and when you consider portability – there’s just not another option for me. Who wants to clean another gadget? Not me! If you’re as busy as I am, this is perfect for you too!
I like Chicken of the Sea tuna for it’s flavor. Alternately, if you’re watching your sodium intake, the StarKist Low Sodium Solid White Tuna gets my vote. It only has 120 mg sodium, vs 180 mg per serving (and UP) for Chicken of the Sea and off brands. Honestly tuna is one of those things I do choose a name brand for. It’s not much difference in price, and I feel like the flavor of these two name brands is worth the extra few cents per can.
Tuna Caprese Avocado Toast- Adding Avocado:
This is kid friendly (As long as they like guacamole!). If you haven’t tried tuna and avocado together, now is a great time to try it out! I love the colors of this appetizer. It’s a great light lunch if you are trying to get a protein and some healthy fats into your diet, but don’t want all the carbs of sandwich bread!
The taste of ripe avocados and fresh tomatoes can’t be beat!
See below for this easy Tuna Caprese Avocado Toast Recipe. Hope you enjoy this one!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- 4 slices of bread toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 avocados
- 1 can Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore in Water in EZ-Open Can drained
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella
- salt & pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar
- Cut the avocados in half and scoop the middle into a small bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, tuna and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash the ingredients together with a fork just enough to mix.
- Slice mozzarella into small pieces.
- Toast bread. ( or you can use crostini's)
- Spread tuna mix on toast and top with mozzarella, grape tomatoes and basil.
- Drizzle balsamic on top and serve.
- Palmolive Dish Soap JUST 49¢ at Walgreens – No Rewards Involved!
- Kellogg’s Select Cereal as Low as 73¢ at Walgreens (Reg. $4.29)
- Elvive Hair Care as Low as 95¢ at CVS (Reg. $4.99!)
- Nestle Candy Bars JUST 50¢ at Walgreens This Week!
- MonoFoil D Disinfectant Spray 79¢
Looking for more low carb and healthier food options? Head over and see our great Keto friendly recipes!
Check out these Kitchen Hacks:
This Silicone Muffin Cups Kitchen Hack will help keep all of your muffin cups organized. Even your dollar store paper ones!