This Keto Friendly Smothered Balsamic Mushroom Grilled Chicken and can be made all in one skillet!
Smart enough for when you're having company over, and yet still simple enough to put together quickly on a busy night. This Smothered Balsamic Mushroom Grilled Chicken may be exactly what you're looking for! Moist and lean golden chicken, savory mushrooms, crisp zucchini and squash, all topped with mouth watering balsamic flavor make this a healthy low carb meal! With only 5 ingredients this quick one-pan meal is budget friendly as well.
Using a heavy skillet is the key to getting your chicken that even gorgeous browning that we all love! So go ahead and pull out your grandmother's cast iron skillet for this recipe. If you haven't inherited a treasured and well-seasoned pan or been gifted a lovely one, then you'll want to consider investing in one for a recipe just like this! Traditional pans take a little upkeep, but last forever. Because of this many are preferring newer enameled pans that are easy clean up. Chipping is a known drawback to enamel so quality is the key here. These durable pans have been one the most favored pieces of cookware for centuries for a reason. After all, can you imagine Tangled's Rapunzel using a lightweight fry pan as a weapon?
If you are not doing Keto and Unsure what else to make with our yummy Smothered Balsamic Mushroom Grilled Chicken?
Try One of Our Favorite Non Keto Friendly Side Dishes
Smothered Balsamic Mushroom Grilled Chicken Recipe:
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless
- 1 1/2 cups Zucchini , sliced
- 1 1/2 cups squash , sliced
- 2 cups Mushrooms
- 4 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt , You could choose to add other seasonings as well
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil , for the chicken
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, for the vegetables
- pepper, to taste
- Using a large cast iron pan (or skillet) add your olive oil and turn to high heat
- Add chicken to your cast iron pan turning your chicken every 8 minutes for evenly cooking. Cook for 16 minutes
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set to the side
- Now add 2 tbsp. of olive oil to the cast iron pan and add vegetables (except mushrooms)
- Season vegetables to taste with salt and pepper cook for 10 minutes stir often
- Add Mushrooms and Balsamic vinegar cook until mushrooms are tender
- Place your chicken back in your cast iron skillet
- Using a spoon scoop some of the mushrooms, and place on top of chicken
- Drizzle some more balsamic vinegar on the chicken and mushrooms
Amount Per Serving Calories 451Saturated Fat 3gCholesterol 144mgSodium 272mgCarbohydrates 6gSugar 4gProtein 50g