I got the opportunity to do a cook-along for one of Emeril Lagasse's cookbooks when it was being released! It's been fun trying out new recipes and sharing my experiences. If you haven't picked up Emeril Lagasse's book, Kicked-Up Sandwiches, check it out! It's full of great sandwich recipes.
I get to share a recipe!! It's for the Egg Salad Supreme Sandwich. Yum! I'm not much of an egg person myself, so I made this for my hubby. Let's just say it was so good it never even made it into sandwiches! I'm lucky I got a picture!
I hope you enjoyed the cook-along!
I'll be posting the answers to some of the questions that you wanted me to ask Emeril!
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
- ¼ cup minced shallot
- ¼ cup chopped green onion or fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup minced celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, homemade (see page 309) or store-bought
- 12 slices White Sandwich Bread (page 303)
- 1. Roughly chop the eggs and place them in a mixing bowl. Add the salt, mustard, paprika, shallot, green onion, celery, and mayonnaise. Stir with a rubber spatula or a spoon until very well blended. Transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 4 days.
- 2. Spread 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the egg salad between 2 slices of bread. Repeat with the remaining salad and bread.