This Easy Sausage and Corn Chowder is the definition of comfort food. Add crusty bread and you have the perfect meal for chilly fall days and cold winter months. I made this for the first time the other day and it was a hit with everyone! It definitely will be added to my meal rotation. The best part, for me, is that it’s quick and oh, so easy! Give this recipe a try. You won’t be sorry!
- 1 lb. sausage
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 3 c. chopped red potatoes
- 2 c. water
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 15 oz can cream corn
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- Brown the sausage and onion until the sausage is brown and the onion is tender. Drain well.
- Stir in the potatoes, water, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in corn and evaporated milk. Cook until heated through.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 535 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 64mg Sodium: 1040mg Carbohydrates: 56g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 16g Protein: 19g