Since the weekday mornings are usually so chaotic I try to have a nice breakfast on the weekend. But I also love to sleep in when I get a chance. If it’s Saturday and the sun isn’t shining yet I’m not getting up! That’s why this recipe is so great. Make this French Toast Bake the night before and then in the morning just pop it in the oven and set the timer! Get everyone out of bed with the smell of sweet cinnamon! Yum!
I’ve made this recipe before and added in some cooked apple slices, pecans or even some cream cheese…each was delicious, but it’s also great just the way it is.
Here’s a great round up of some of My Royal Kitchen’s Breakfast Recipes.
- 6-8 slices white bread, broke into bite sized pieces.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5-6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Pour the melted butter into the bottom of pie pan or 9x9 inch square pan.
- Put half of the bread at the bottom of the pan.
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar with the cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of this sugar mixture over the bread slices.Add the rest of the bread.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk until well blended.
- Pour this mixture over the bread layers.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Take off the foil and continue baking for about 15 more minutes or until browned.
Check out all these slow cookers on sale! Some are 50-75% off!