Follow us on Facebook for more recipes! Subscribe to our blog so you never miss a recipe.
Looking for a nice warm delicious soup with a bit of a kick during the cooler months? Check out this delish Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup!
I just love using my crockpot all year round, especially in the winter to make soups. I feel like its my own personal assistant in the kitchen!
Check out all these slow cookers on sale! Some are 50-75% off!
- 1 pound frozen chicken
- 1 15oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 16oz jar of mild salsa
- 1/3 cup of chopped onions
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 package (2 cups) of precooked spanish rice
- 3-4 sprigs of chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of diced jalapeños
- 1/8 cup of lime juice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 cup of chopped zucchini
- sliced avocado
- shredded pepper jack cheese
- crushed tortilla chips
- sliced limes
- sour cream
- Place chicken, tomatoes, salsa, and onions into a slow cooker.
- Pour in chicken broth, and season with cumin, salt, cilantro and pepper.
- Stir in corn, rice, jalapeños and chopped zucchini.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts (if needed), shred and place back in crock pot.
- Serve and garnish with crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded pepper jack cheese or avocados.