I hope everyone had a Happy 4th of July! We celebrated with fun, family and fireworks. This year we went over to a family members house where you can actually shoot your own fireworks. We had a blast and the kids also had some fun with some adult supervision of course LOL. I think we had a total of 8 families or more come so it was a big gathering. Everyone brought a dish to share and of course the food was fabulous!
Check out this Italian Style Balsamic Potato Salad recipe from Hellmans. I am featuring the full recipe but I changed it up a bit for the kiddos.
- 3 lbs. small red potatoes cut in half
- 1 cup Hellmann’s® Balsamic Mayonnaise Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into paper thin half moons
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with cold water by an inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the potatoes are just cooked through, about 15 minutes. Drain well
- in a colander, place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Make the dressing by mixing the Hellmann’s® with the mustard, the hot water and the celery seeds and pour over the potatoes. Salt to taste.
- Add the onion, celery, parsley, basil and mix gently. Serve warm or at room temp if you can.
- Serves 6
Enter to Win a Kitchenaid Mixer (In the form of a $200 GC)
Thanks to Hellman’s we are giving away a $200 American Express Gift Card for you to purchase your own Kitchenaid Mixer. This way you get to pick the color and style you want. What’s even better is we will even help the winner find the best mixer deal online to spend their GC on.(the best we can anyways)