See this delicious Cornbread Sausage Stuffing Recipe if you’re scouting out recipes for your holiday dinner!
Cornbread Sausage Stuffing:
Whether you call it Stuffing or Dressing, this side dish is a classic American holiday staple! I love plan stuffing and “dressed up” with additional flavors, so this one is a win!
Since this recipe has the added layer of flavor with the fruit and sausage, it’s always fun to include it for Christmas Dinner. We have regular cornbread stuffing at Thanksgiving, but if we are serving turkey at Christmas, it does need stuffing to go with it!
This recipe is a great spin on regular cornbread stuffing and looks so pretty on the table.
You could actually make this as a side dish for any special occasion. Who know’s this could be a new Thanksgiving tradition in your home. How do you dress up your stuffing?
See your Cornbread Sausage Stuffing Recipe Here:
- • Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- • 2 (6 oz.) pkgs. Martha White® Cotton Country® Buttermilk Cornbread Mix, prepared according to package directions or 2 (6 oz.) pkgs. Martha White® Buttermilk Cornbread & Muffin Mix, **
- • 2 cups crumbled biscuits** or toasted bread cubes
- • 1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage
- • 1 cup chopped celery
- • 1/2 cup chopped onions
- • 1 1/2 cups chopped unpeeled Granny Smith apples
- • 3/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans*
- • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- • 1 1/2 tsps. dried sage leaves
- • 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- • 1/2 tsp. pepper
- • 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1. HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray a shallow 2 1/2-quart baking dish or pan with no-stick cooking spray. Coarsely crumble prepared cornbread in large bowl. Add crumbled biscuits.
- 2. COOK sausage, celery and onions in large skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. ADD sausage mixture and all remaining ingredients to cornbread and biscuits. Mix well, stirring gently so cornbread does not crumble completely. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- 4. BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- TIP*To toast pecans: Place pecans in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
- TIP ** For best results use day old cornbread and biscuits