Butter Dip Biscuits Recipe – Yum!
Butter Dip Biscuits Recipe!
Butter. Dipped. Biscuits. Are any other words really necessary? There’s just so many good things about those words! These are the perfect crumble up biscuit and gravy biscuits, or jelly biscuits, or more butter, or… With no shortening or butter cut into your batter, this biscuity dough rises high and they are light and fluffy. I like the easy-peasy dump right into a pan of melted butter because they’re so quick.
Just a thought because I’m craving lasagna, and this sounds yummy! If you’re in the mood for Italian, by all means, add some garlic powder to your melted butter, and possibly some Italian seasoning to your dough. You can form your dough into sticks if you like. They’ll be quite wet so be sure to flour your hands well before touching the dough. If you’re making biscuit/bread sticks, just barely shape strips of dough and lay them in the pan for an authentic looking bread stick. Otherwise just bake and cut as directed.
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- 1 stick salted Butter
- 2 1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 3/4 c. Buttermilk, NOT regular milk
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a microwave-safe 8x8 dish melt your butter in the microwave. Meanwhile, mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder. Pour in the buttermilk and stir until a dough forms. It will be sticky.
- Pour the dough into the baking dish with the melted butter. Spread it out using a spatula. Some of the butter will come over the top of the dough and that's okay.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and spring back when touched.