This is one of my favorite ways to make burgers. Spinach And Cheddar Chicken Burgers are healthy and my whole family loves them! There are so many great flavors packed into one little burger that our favorite way to eat them is without a bun. But they’re great with a bun and all the fixings, too!
These Spinach And Cheddar Chicken Burgers are broiled in the oven but I’d bet they’d be great grilled, too. I’ve never tried grilling them but they’re a pretty sturdy burger so I’m guessing they’d hold up to grilling. Maybe next time I make these (and there will be a next time!) I’ll try grilling them.
I like to serve these with Sweet Potato Fries and a veggie or a salad so that we’re getting the whole “burger and fries” cravings under control but this option is so much healthier for us! The next time you’re hankering for a good, homemade burger you’ll have to be sure to remember this one!
Note: To make it an even healthier version substitute coconut or liquid aminos fir soy sauce and 100% whole wheat bread crumbs for the bread crumbs.
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 4 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 4 1/2 oz. white cheddar, shredded
- 3 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
- Place a sheet of foil on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place your spinach, garlic powder and dried parsley in a food processor and pulse until fine but not puree'd.
- Mix the chicken, cheddar, vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce, bread crumbs, salt and spinach mix together until all is evenly distributed.
- Form into patties and place on the prepared baking sheet. Cover lightly with foil and allow to refrigerate for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and broil for about 7 minutes on each side or until completely cooked through.
- Serve as is or on a hamburger bun with all the fixings!